Over this past year, I’ve begun offering a new service to my clients that I’d like to tell you about. Myself and a small team of financial advisors are providing Social Security workshops to employer and community groups, wherein we educate baby-boomers on how to get the most out of their benefits. The results have been fantastic, so I thought I’d take a minute to share with you the idea.
Here is what it entails
Step 1. We meet with a group of employees and present an hour-long, interactive and informative workshop on the subject of social security benefits. We conclude with setting appointments to meet with each employee one-on-one to discuss their unique social security circumstances.
Step 2. When we meet one-on-one, we gather data to help us prepare a customized and comprehensive report for the employee.
Step 3. We then meet one-on-one a second time to present the report, which reveals and explains how the employee can maximize his/her SS benefits.
What’s in it for the employer?
- Value-added service provided to employees which costs the employer nothing:
- The workshop itself is sponsored by the employer as a benefit to employees, but doesn’t cost the employer anything.
- The report we provide, a $250 value, is also sponsored by the employer, but doesn’t cost the employer anything.
- Reduced HR burden. We provide the answers on this subject matter, intercepting questions which might otherwise encumber the employer’s admin dept.
What’s in it for the employee?
- Immediate and helpful general info at the workshop.
- Unique and customized report on how to maximize SS benefits, valued at $250, provided at no cost.
- Professional, pro bono financial advice.
What’s in it for us, the advisors?
- The workshops and meetings give us opportunity to showcase our talents and establish trust.
- After we’ve presented the SS report in the second meeting, we then offer our services as financial planners.
- Even those who decline will readily provide us with referrals.
As I mentioned, the results have been tremendous. For example:
- About 75% of workshop attendees elect to make an appointment.
- Recipients of the SS report learn how to increase their benefits by about $200k on average!
- The employer truly looks like a hero.
- We gain clients and/or referrals.
Let me know if you or your employer would like more information on setting up a workshop.*
*This service is currently available only in Southern CA.